KORTEKS: EUROPE’S BIGGEST POLYESTER FILAMENT YARN MANUFACTURER
A leader of Turkey’s textiles industry which has more than 2,000 employees and gross sales worth USD 400 million a year and which ships its goods to destinations in all over Turkey and in more than sixty countries on five continents, KORTEKS focuses on customer satisfaction at every stage of its manufacturing and service processes.
Commencing operations in Bursa in 1989, KORTEKS (Textile Industry & Trade Inc) today is a fully-integrated polyester-yarn manufacturer and exporter with the highest production capacity of any producer in Europe
Operating in plant facilities with 335 thousand m2 of space, KORTEKS not only meets the Turkish textile industry’s needs for high-quality polyester yarns with a rich and diversified lineup of products capable of supplying the market with whatever it wants but also sends its goods to every corner of the world.
Because of their unique blend of functional yet natural-feel features, KORTEKS-made products are used by manufacturers for many different applications ranging from sportswear to formal attire and from automobile upholstery to textiles for homes and hospıtals that make them a part of people’s everyday lives.
About 80% of KORTEKS’s total production serves its home market while the remainder is exported to more than sixty countries, among them Germany, Italy, the UK, the USA, Canada, Mexico, and South Africa.
KORTEKS carries out its production at seven operational facilities located in two separate plants. The first, which was commissioned in 1989 and whose production capacity is currently 80 tons/day, is the Emre Plant; the second is the Berkun Plant, which was commissioned in 1998 and whose production capacity is 500 tons/day.*
Conforming to the highest world standards, both plants are located within the Bursa Organized Industrial Zone (BOSB).
* As of June 2015.
KORTEKS by the numbers
• The world’s biggest-capacity single-line continuous polycondensation + direct melt- feed POY-FDY manufacturing facility
• Four of the world’s biggest aluminum PTA silos, each measuring 3,600 m3 in volume.
• The first instance of manufacturing yarn directly by condensation polymerization in Turkey and of the ability to engineer the manufacturing technology in-house.
• 110 MVA installed and 60 MVA actual power consumption, making it one of the biggest textile mills in Turkey as measured by electrical power generation and consumption capacity.
• 13,200 KVA of uninterruptible power supply, the biggest in Europe.
• Turkey’s biggest chillers plant with a total capacity of 65,000,000 kcal/hour.
• Bursa’s biggest air compressor plant with a total capacity of 126,000 Nm3/hour